To do a balance pose in yoga
1. Begin in a comfortable standing position, making sure your feet are firmly rooted into the ground.
2. Shift your focus inward and take three deep breaths to help you relax and bring your awareness to the present moment.
3. Once you are feeling centered, shift your weight onto one foot, while slowly lifting the other foot off of the ground.
4. Slowly try to extend your lifted foot outwards and to the side as far as comfortable, while bringing your hands up in front of you in prayer position or palms pressed together for support, if needed.
5. Stay here and focus on your breath for 3-5 breaths before slowly bring your foot back down onto the ground and releasing your hands back down to your sides with an exhale
6. Repeat on the other side
7. When finished, slowly release back into standing with both feet on the ground