The Cobra Pose Step By Step
1. Start on your hands and knees in a tabletop position. Your wrists should be directly below your shoulders and your knees should be below your hips.
2. Place your hands flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, with your middle fingers facing forward.
3. Spread your fingers wide and press firmly into the mat to stabilize your body.
4. Tuck your toes under and lift your hips up so that you form an upside-down V-shape with your body. Be sure to keep your shoulders away from your ears.
5. Engage your core and keep the back of your neck long as you gaze up towards the ceiling or slightly forward in front of you. Hold for 5–10 breaths, then gently lower onto all fours to exit the pose.