Poses | The Embryo Pose | Yoga
1. Begin in a seated position on the floor, with your legs extended out in front of you and the soles of your feet together.
2. Place your hands on the floor about a foot behind your hips, with your fingers pointing away from you, and then lean back slightly to bring your chest forward.
3. Exhale and bend both knees so that they come to rest against your abdomen, allowing your knees to splay outward as much as is comfortable for you. Keep your feet still pressed together at this stage.
4. Inhale deeply and raise both arms above your head while keeping your elbows bent and your chest forward as much as possible; ensure that you do not arch too far up off the floor but rather keep 90-95 percent of your back in contact with the ground.
5. Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths before slowly lowering yourself back down to a seated position and rest there as necessary before repeating as desired