Poses | The Fish Pose With Feet Back | Yoga
1. Begin in a tabletop position on the ground with your hands and knees in line with your shoulders and hips. Keep your feet flat on the floor, hip-distance apart.
2. On an exhale, slowly lift your right foot off the ground and bend your knee while bringing it toward you until it reaches your chest. Point the toes of your right foot up towards the ceiling as you draw the knee in with both hands.
3. Keeping your core engaged and spine neutral, press into your left foot firmly as you lift the right leg up towards the sky. Make sure that you feel an even amount of weight between both legs and that you are not tipping over to one side or another as you do this. If needed, use a block or other support underneath for stability as you extend your right foot towards the ceiling until it is parallel with it.
4. Take two to five deep breaths here while keeping both hips squared off forward and neither over or under arched in the back or neck area.
5. To come out of Fish Pose, release your hands from around your right knee, bend it in back towards you slightly, and then return it to floor before switching sides and repeating steps 1-5 on the left side