Poses | The Fish Pose With Hands Up | Yoga
There are several ways to perform the pose with Hands Up:
1. Start in Mountain Pose (Tadasana) by standing with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
2. Begin to reach your arms out to the sides so that they form a T-shape.
3. Then, reach up and take hold of each wrist with the opposite hand, with palms facing upwards. Keep your shoulder blades powered down and away from your ears.
4. Lift your torso up so that it is perpendicular to the floor and continue to reach upward through the crown of your head, keeping a slight arch in your lower back for support. Try not to let your shoulders come up toward your ears or collapse downward as you stretch into this position.
5. Draw attention to all four corners of each foot, pressing all ten toes firmly into the ground for stability and rooting down through the four corners of each heel into the earth beneath you for support as you hold this pose for a few breaths (or longer if desired).